Whether you can get away for time out in Creation or you can protect some time to daily study the Bible in the quiet of your own home, I want to encourage you with a simple Bible study John and I have had to help experience God through fresh and regular intake of God’s Word.
I sent you to reap that whereon ye have not labored: others have labored, and ye are entered into their labor.John 4:38
- Who – Jesus and the Disciples
- What – Labor in a field, a metaphor for working for the lord
- Where – Outside of the town in Sychar, Samaria
- When – Before crucifixion, after Jesus’ baptism.
- 30AD, when Jesus learned that the Pharisees knew He was baptizing more disciples than John
- How – Talking
- Why – “It is one who sows and another who reaps.” – John 4:37
(S) Seek to Understand:
Jesus is sending you to finish what someone else started.
How do we apply the heart of this passage to our lives?
On a daily basis we’re walking in to life based on the Lord’s work through others.
The Lord will complete things through us that we did not start.
Lord help me to discern what have others started, and help me to be open to complete them through you.
The Lord will start things through us that we will not see to completion.
Lord help me to not focus on the results of my labor, but rather the quality of the labor itself.